Wednesday, October 15, 2008

The Last Endorsement That Counts - Colin Powell To Name His POTUS Pick Soon!

I'm not a great believer in the power of endorsements in political campaigns, but Colin Powell's endorsement for either candidate will raise some media buzz and bragging rights for who ever he picks. I believe that because it's so late in the Presidential election season and because Powell has maintained such a low profile that he is going to endorse Barack Obama.

I will write him off completely if he endorses McCain. Considering how President Bush, Vice-President Cheney and other folks in the GOP played Powell to help launch the Iraq War, I don't see how he continues to support them. His own party tossed him under the bus without apology to get what it wanted and it damaged his credibility and his reputation. Yet, stranger things have happened and I was more than little disturbed that Powell was testifying for crooked as hell Senator Ted Stevens. So, he just might stick with the folks that screwed him.

It would be a nice nail in McCain's Presidential campaign coffin because his GOP white folks just love them some Colin Powell!

4 comments:

Anonymous,  October 15, 2008 at 11:20 AM  

I had this conversation with a friend of mine last month. She doesn't think he will do it - feels Powell is just too good a soldier though it would be an awesome endorsement. Of course white conservatives would just praise his record and integrity if he supports McCain and throw him back under the bus and say that's why Bush ran his ass out the White House if he supports Obama. They got spin for every scenario.

Unknown October 15, 2008 at 1:37 PM  

I hopes he speaks out soon and endorses Obama I hope. Although, I find that may be hard to realize as he is a staunch Republican by many accounts.

DJ Black Adam October 15, 2008 at 4:16 PM  

He shoudl wait until Nov 3rd....

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog October 15, 2008 at 4:37 PM  

Colin Powell has no credibility in my book. I watched that Black List film and heard what he talked about and it made me sad and very angry. Look how far he came - and how much he compromised to be where he is. I knew he was lying about those WMDs from Day 1. I'd only concede to an endorsement because it would piss off the Rethugs not because I consider him a worthy endorser. They could have set aside the party racism and run him against Clinton in 1996 and he may have ended up President.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP