Friday, September 4, 2009

Hip Hop Legend Roxanne Shante Turns Out To Be Nothing But A Good Old Fashioned Lying Ass Buster

I had a lot of respect for Roxanne Shante....keyword.....had. She's a damn liar. I have this woman on tape telling the big ass whopper of a lie that her record company paid for her college education and that she earned a Ph.D from Cornell. I had no reason at the time to question her truthfulness, I respected her and I took her word for it. It a damn shame that she took so many folks for suckers.


Adding insult to injury, she doesn't get why her lies are a problem. I'm quite sure she has collected a nice piece of change for speaking engagements at schools and colleges over the years, billing herself as "Dr. Rox" and relating her fake ass story, knowing damn well that she was lying her ass off.

I guess I really shouldn't be surprised. Roxanne Shante didn't write her own rhymes, but acted like she did, so it isn't surprising that she's claiming an education that she never earned. What an old school buster! Damn!

6 comments:

Daddy Squeeze Me! September 4, 2009 at 4:57 AM  

OH HELL NO! SO SHE WASNT "THE REAL ROXANNE" AFTERALL? A FEWL!

SjP September 4, 2009 at 11:53 AM  

There are a couple of things you just cannot perpetrate. Being Greek is one and having a Ph.D. is another. Both must be earned the hard way! I know you feel me on this....

SjP

Unknown September 5, 2009 at 9:22 AM  

I was sad about the whole thing. I mean I was so happy when she came out with that story. It seemed so positive, to now know it was a lie is a bit discerning.

Why does anyone care to perpetrate being Greek? Seriously, I don't think bragging about paying out the wazoo to claim sisters or brothers is worth faking. It isn't cool, and sounds like some middle school stuff.

PPR_Scribe September 7, 2009 at 1:19 PM  

It is unfortunate she lied about this--and in such a big way. And it in unfortunate that so many of us--including myself--wanted to believe this story that we bought it hook, line, and sinker.

I agree w/SjP--the PhD program and dissertation process is one hard and lonely road. How dare someone pretend to have done the work when they have not.

Anonymous,  September 7, 2009 at 4:26 PM  

Wow!! Just freaking WOW!! Forget about a doctorate, per the article they can't seem to even verify her bachelor's degree. Gosh, she didn't even complete a full semester at Marymount. Jesus take the wheel. She has been on tv for years talking about this mess. "You ain't got to lie, Craig". Just DAMN!

Please please please let Dee from What's Happening really be a veterinarian.

Invisible Woman September 26, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

she didn't even write her own rhymes? just damn! and we are caring about her her why?

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP