Friday, October 10, 2008

Dummy Lamont Award Winner - James T. Harris - Uncle Tom Sellout Extraordinaire!

If you don't know James T. Harris, he was the lone black man in a sea of white folks at yesterday's McCain/Palin neo-klan rally "begging" John McCain to push even further with his race-baiting, derogatory, negative smear campaign against Barack Obama. This dude actually used the phase, "I'm begging you, sir" to a white man who voted against the MLK holiday, has no civil rights record to speak of and is working overtime to paint a educated American black man who is an elected U.S. Senator as a dangerous, ethnic, un-American other.

I am not against black conservatives, in fact, I believe that black folks could benefit from spreading their political wealth across numerous political party lines, but I am horrified at self-hating, selfish, and small-minded black folks like Mr. Harris. On his blog, Harris has compared Obama to Hitler. WTF? No sane and self-respecting black person should ever make such a comparison.

This clearly confused and crazed cat is a radio host in Milwaukee, where many a person of color is catching hell from every possible human angle. And this Dummy Lamont instead of "begging" John McCain to do something about the economy or education, this meathead was "begging" McCain to increase the over-the-top racist mudslinging against Obama, which he has already overdone. I would love to know what this dude is seeing and hearing from John McCain that made he embarrass himself on national television in such a major Mantan fashion.

9 comments:

The Husky Bro October 10, 2008 at 4:42 AM  

yeah, this dude is off the meters on the levels of stupidity and irrationality...I had to blog about his corny a$$, too

http://blackcynic.com/blog/?p=1951

I commented earlier but it didn't save properly...I really like your writing here and will be checking out the blog more often...

tryexcellence October 10, 2008 at 10:41 AM  

I won't go onto this idiot's blog to give him hit credits. As a person of color, I don't know how you even feel comfortable in the midst of these white folks who appear to have such disdain and anger towards people of color. I got the sense that if they could they'd started hanging us. Very scary scene to me.

Mildred October 10, 2008 at 11:57 AM  

I don't know whether Mr. Harris is sincere but being an Agent Provocateur seems to be the path for success for broadcasters and pundits who are trying to advance themselves. I think it might be best to treat him as a distraction.

FreeBeing October 10, 2008 at 12:28 PM  

I saw that. I have to say that I literally felt sick to my stomach. Everything else ugly that's happened up to that point was nothing compared to that. I just felt a sense of sadness wash over me.

(And, to be brutally honest, I had a horrible word pop into my head as I listened to that fool: "jiggaboo.")

sip October 10, 2008 at 1:14 PM  

Did you notice at the end, after he got on both his knees and begged for him to do something, McPalin stated "YOUR REWARD WILL BE IN HEAVEN" that MF. Clearly indicating that he has no plans to do a damn thing for him or anything that looks like him.

I am so angry at that ignorant MF

Rich Fitzgerald October 10, 2008 at 3:31 PM  

First time through this spot. I read about the call for him to amp up his attack, but at the time I thought they were speaking of him pushing agenda as opposed to his hate speech, but THIS puts a whole new twist on it. I'm glad I didn't see it. I probably would have gone into convulsions.

Gloria October 10, 2008 at 3:35 PM  

@ RH,

I know I peeped that too. McPutz was looking at him like "Who is this kneegrow?" However it all seemed so staged.

Gatas Negras October 16, 2008 at 11:09 AM  

When I first saw this clip on CNN I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I respect the idea of African-Americans being able to follow their own path; that is what makes us individuals. 50 years ago we fought to not be seen by society as all the same. That means we have the right to be Democrats or Republicans, watch Seinfeld or Martin, and listen to Jay-Z or Dave Matthews. The problem I have with Harris's statements were not his choice to support McCain; that's his choice. My problem was the Uncle Tommish manner in which he did it. It's not necessary to BEG and PLEAD.
Even being conservative, I couldn't imagine Armstrong Williams or Shelby Steele begging or pleading. Harris may object to the Uncle Tom label, but that's what came to my mind and obviously thousands, or millions of other black folk. McCain even saw it. McCain responded by telling Harris that his reward would be in heaven, exactly what the slave masters told their slaves during the slave era. I don't know how any black Americans could be a
single black face (hmmm, nice choice, "blackface") at one of McCain's lynch mob styled rallies. Harris had better watch his back in an audience where people are liable to yell "kill him" in reference to a black man. I hope the next time he's at a McCain rally, he makes sure there are no trees anywhere near! One last thing; Harris might want to consider auditioning if Spike Lee needs a lead for Bamboozled Part 2!
You big dummy!!

www.afrobrasilamerica.com

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP