Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Marion Jones Appearance On Oprah

"I want people to understand everybody makes mistakes ... I truly think a person's character is determined by their admission of their mistakes and beyond that what they do about it ... It's really about looking forward, looking to the future, how can I make this wrong a right."

I didn't get to see Marion Jones on Oprah's show today, but I was encouraged by the comments she reportedly made on the show. As I stated on previous posts, I am not upset with Marion Jones going to jail in addition to losing her medals, money, and reputation. With that said, I am completely and utterly behind her campaign and quest to rebuild her life and her reputation when she completed her prison sentence. I believe that she has already started taking steps in the right direction.

3 comments:

wisdomteachesme January 17, 2008 at 8:30 AM  

i speak for myself- that i am so thankful and grateful that a few people did not give up on me at times that i have made mistakes-i know God has placed His love in their hearts.

those that did not support me - i know were not to be in my life anyway! i do have the gift of good-bye! so when circumstances/changes that occur in my life-cause people to leave my life--Good-Bye! i let them go and know it is time for me to grow--and they can't go with me-for whatever reasons-they can't.

this is a "new beginning" for her and it will take all her "courage to accept the positive changes" that will better her life.

the first step for any person at a point like this is accepting the truth about how you see yourself....a lot of courage to accept what is and then know it needs to be changed...dry bones can give you nothing. she is in need of Freedom!

I also will continue to stand with her while the positive changes that have to happen in her life-happen.
for by the grace of God, does she go...

the_shulammite January 17, 2008 at 9:44 AM  

I didn't see her appearance on Oprah. To those who did, was she as weepy there as she was the day of her sentencing? I felt sorry for her. Hmmm, I wonder what we think of black women who choke up on camera, cause we sure don't like it when certain other women break out the tears. LOL

Anyway, I hope this is a new beginning for Marion Jones.

wisdomteachesme January 17, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

LOL-you got jokes rev. weems! LOL...

but what you say is true, so true...

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP