Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Reverend Al Sharpton Is Truly A Dangerous Clown!

If this afternoon Al Sharpton really does the dumbest thing I can imagine a black man in the 21st century ever doing, it is truly on for me. If this permed-out clown actually has the nerve to defend the "rights" of black male rape suspects over a gang-raped black female victim, he is truly a bankrupt and soulless individual in my book. And I will never ever forget it. If black women do not universally turn on this so-called man of the cloth, I will be writing us off. If we as black women do not stand up for this voice-less and powerless victim in the face of Al Sharpton's headline grabbing and ambulance chasing political agenda, I will begin to believe that black people are truly lost.

If this mess goes down as expected, there will be a call on this blog and other blogs I am connected to for black women to stand up. If you are a regular black female commentor, I will be needing your assistance, if you are regular black female reader, I will need to to find your voice. It is time to stand up sisters, the black civil war has just escalated. My brothers that are regular readers and commentors, I know that you will want to help as well and we need and want your assistance, but the sisters need to be at the front lines here. We will decide what will be done and with your support we can achieve it.

9 comments:

BLKSeaGoat March 11, 2008 at 4:57 PM  

Professor Tracey,

It gets worse, but at least I can take small consolation in the fact that Al and the NAACP had a confrontation on camera.

His statements regarding the Rape Suspects were repugnant and despicable. I shudder to think that ANYONE could be callous enough to want to see these little sociopaths freed to rape again.

An important point that seldom goes overlooked is that they intended to BURN the woman and her son to DEATH. Why in God's name should they be freed?!?!?!

They intended to kill her; why would All and the NAACP defend these fools? The other thing that I've heard is that the NAACP may be providing some legal aid to the suspects. Should that happen, I am going on a rampage.

Anonymiss March 11, 2008 at 6:56 PM  

@ blkseagoat

NAACP's providing their legal assistance?! Say what?

Attorneymom March 11, 2008 at 11:40 PM  

Professor Tracey, my "Sit Your Azz Down" list has grown so much these past two days. I will be publishing it this weekend. I am sure there will be a few more people that will need to be added before the weekend.

tasha212 March 12, 2008 at 12:31 AM  

Professor Tracey,

As u know, I am one of your regular readers and commenters. I am available and willing to do whatever is necessary to help. This includeds posting alerts on my blog.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog March 12, 2008 at 7:27 AM  

I'm a political junkie who also writes for a black newspaper. Let me know how I can be supportive.

Al is a headline grabber. But the NAACP is another matter. I'm still trying to figure out how an organization with such a rich history of legal advocacy has steadily become so mismanaged, so irrelevant to black people's strugle for improvement.

LaShelle March 12, 2008 at 8:48 AM  

Days like this, makes me wants to turn my black card in.

I'm here also. Any protest or media attentioan, I am willing to do it.

This 'so called' saved the black men by all cost has got to stop. What about the woman and her son's right to be safe in their own home. I am disgusted and disturbed at both the NAACP and Al Sharpton.
Genarlow, Jena 6, now this.

Lenoxave March 12, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

I'm here and willing to post about this matter on my blog as well. It seems as if the lives of black women don't mean a goddamn thing in America or the black community.

I can't say anything else or it will be loaded with expletives; so I'm done.

focusedpurpose March 12, 2008 at 3:20 PM  

Professor Tracey-

i have posted and will continue to post on this subject. so many seem confused about the naacp as well. i will post some history on this organization as well.

reading is fundamental. it will save one a lot of surprises. it will actually allow us to be proactive. what a concept?!

you have my support.

blessings!
focusedpurpose

the_shulammite March 12, 2008 at 4:13 PM  

Someone left a comment on my blog suggesting that we all agree to call into Sharpton's live radio show there at Radio One demanding he explain his actions this week. I think it's a great idea. Sounds like something all black women bloggers can agree on and urge our readers to do beginning next week. Flood Sharpton's show all week with calls from black women!!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP