Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Sista Is Busy Today!

Professor Tracey is renovating her small town version of Black Woman's Disneyland today. I'm up to my elbows in paint and picking out mini-blinds or curtains (still can't make up my damn mind). Not to mention getting rid of Comcast (Mr. Pay Me 1 Month In Advance!) and reconfiguring my home theater system. My budget may even allow a new piece of furniture or two! I may even hang my over-priced college degrees in their cheap-ass Big Lot frames on the wall this time!

Thanks to many folks advice from family to Attorney Mom to my blogging buddies, I have decided to keep saving toward my dream house and drop a "few" dollars fixing up my loft for hellish "small town" living for one more year. And my lawd, this is truly a major sacrifice!!!! The power went out here on Sunday for four hours! In the whole town!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, back to my loft. Where is the black home improvement man when you need him? I always feel like a black female version of Robinson Crusoe, whose black man Friday never shows up! Matter fact, where is the black version of home improvement shows? I watch those shows like crazy and the only one I see is that fake Lauren Lake on "Spice Up Your Kitchen" and that show is horrible! They kicked the black folks off "Flip This House" for being crooks. Damn!

I love Dorothy West, but she lied, the living ain't easy. Ya'll keep fussing at me about Morehouse giving away the whole damn campus to that white dude. LOL!!!

3 comments:

LostGirl#1 May 14, 2008 at 8:46 AM  

*Gasp* You don't like Spice up Your Kitchen ?

Attorneymom May 15, 2008 at 6:04 PM  

I am glad someone took my advice. LOL. I wish I would have taken my own advice. LOL.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP