Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Final Programming Alert - Soledad O'Brien's Special On Black Women And The Family In America Airs Tonight On CNN At 9PM

Please remember to watch CNN's special program, Black in America: The Black Woman & Family that is airing for the first time tonight.

I will be watching live at 9pm eastern standard time, so if you want to chat, cry, holla, or kick in your television, you can hit me up on my blog - check my "Chat With Prof. T" widget to Meebo me. It's located on the right side of my blog.

I don't have high expectations for the show, but I will reserve judgment until after the show airs. Please expect me to have a complete breakdown if the phrases "down low brother" or "angry black woman" are uttered!

1 comments:

Anonymous,  July 24, 2008 at 12:14 AM  

Professor Tracey said:
Please expect me to have a complete breakdown if the phrases "down low brother" or "angry black woman" are uttered!

How about "Marry Your Baby Daddy"? LOL I almost died when they started talking that, but it redeemed itself with describing the program.

I was more than a little disappointed in the piece. My question is why for the first 45 minutes of the show, THERE WAS NO CONVERSATION ABOUT BLACK WOMEN! I mean, the discussion about education and they followed the little boy (Eric Jr??)--but it was a mini-segment around his father! I understood where they were coming from, and I know that segement was "Black Women & Family", but they could have done that little story in Thursday's show.

Even though the first 45 minutes where interesting, I think it took away from delving deeper into some of the topics when they actually DID begin talking about black women!

I feel like we were slighted, yet again, when it had the potential to blow it out of the water.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP