Saturday, July 19, 2008

Words For Warfare

“I don’t put that much weight on what White people think about me because I don’t feel that kind of kinship with them, except on a human race level; but when Black people reject me, it hurts me to my core...it’s amazing to me because a lot of Black people will reject you, but the minute you claim to be something other than Black, they’re ready to curse you out.”

“Books are my passion but I know how many people you can reach through TV; and being in there and being the only Black writer in the room I know how powerful it is when I say ‘no’ to doing certain things. I want to be the person who can say ‘yes’ to doing certain things; getting shows on the air that I can look at and be proud of as a Black woman.”

--- Angela Nissel

3 comments:

Anonymous,  July 19, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

I agree it's a lot worse when it's coming from a black person. Imagine standing next in line when the black cashier looks passed you in order to take the white customer. Sad really...

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog July 21, 2008 at 7:08 AM  

The Broke Diaries was such a great read!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP