Sunday, August 17, 2008

Professor Tracey's Review Of The Saddleback Church Forum On Faith

Last night I caught Joan Walsh from Salon.com twittering about the Forum on Faith and she had remarked that she was not sure why Barack Obama was there. Now, lately Joan Walsh has been getting on my nerves royally particularly on the subjects of Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton, racism, sexism, and white women in general, so I was totally surprised to find myself in complete agreement with her. I really had no idea at the program's conclusion of why Barack Obama agreed to participate in this forum.

I thought he was pandering to an audience that is NEVER going to vote for him. That event only helped McCain and did very little for Obama. Pastor Rick Warren was a so-so host and should have had a impartial moderator because he is CLEARLY anti-abortion, pro-Iraqi war, anti-gay marriage, and clearly Republican and pro-John McCain. And the overall forum was just so WHITE and that bothers mean greatly. And if Rick Warren cares about America so much, how could he present a forum that excluded so many Americans?

I didn't like the forum and I thought it was a major waste of time. And I am extremely uncomfortable with this ever-tightening connection of religion and politics. I don't want to watch politicians claim an undying faith, then tell bald-faced lies in the next breath. I think this makes fools out of people that truly believe, it's a mockery of religion and faith. For example, Reverend Kirbyjon Caldwell clearly points out the Christianity contradiction of John McCain making jokes about his wife entering a topless beauty contest at a biker rally and McCain's failure to condemn Jerome Corsi's racist and separatist book as something that American politics and the American people do not need is a major moral failure in my book.

Lastly, I realized how terrifying a John McCain presidency will be, one term or two. Second, I am getting bored with Obama's campaign, I would like to see a little more fire from him. I am beyond tired of "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner" black man presentation. Third, it is quite clear that this election is going to come down to whether or not a certain segment of white Americans will vote for a black man or not. Period! The issues will have nothing to do with it.

Update: I am even more convinced that Barack Obama wasted his time and that John McCain is unfit to be President. Apparently McCain cheated. The candidates were supposed to arrive early so that no one would know the questions in advance, but McCain did not arrive on time and there is major speculation that he knew the questions before he spoke. And he seems to be plagiarizing and over-embellishing again. McCain is just a liar, period!

4 comments:

Kit (Keep It Trill) August 17, 2008 at 5:57 PM  

I've slowly been coming to grips with tides turning against Obama among whites. No candidate is perfect, but he's so friggin' superior to McCain that this would never be happening if he were white.

You know, Tracey, I really thought enough of them were ready for black man in office, but quite a few have descended into the thinking patterns of their ancestors and are using religion to hide their racism and fears.

Check out my article, The Latest Spin & Why: Obama Is The Anti-Christ. I leave a lot of comments on your blog; it would be nice if you have time to catch up with mine and let me know what you think too, so come on by when you get a chance.

Anonymous,  August 17, 2008 at 9:18 PM  

"And if Rick Warren cares about America so much, how could he present a forum that excluded so many Americans?"

Evidently like so many of his ilk he believes that only certain people can be Americans-- nevermind if a person was born and raised here and has the "paperwork" to prove it. If said hypothetical person doesn't pass White-Christian-Male-America's litmus test of what makes one a "true Yank", then that unfortunate person might as well be a member of al-Qaeda. And yet again, only a WHITE religious-fanatic could get away with something like this.

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog August 18, 2008 at 6:25 AM  

You know I wonder if things have just been pre-determined that this country will implode on itself thanks to so many white people being racists and idiots. They're shooting holes into the boat we're all in and it's gonna sink. Maybe I'm being pessimistic but despite my reservations about Obama I KNOW McCain will totally suck in office. I'm going to Denver because I think this will be one of those once-in-a-lifetime events but I can't wait for this election to be done.

Kit (Keep It Trill) August 18, 2008 at 7:21 AM  

Saw your update to this post.

Not only did McCain cheat on his first wife, he dumped her after she waited five years for his return from POW. She was ill, too. Unlike John Edwards, who cheated but loved his wife enough to stay with her and be supportive of her ordeal with breast cancer since 2004, McCain split - with Cindy.

McCain's first wife has been strangely quiet about her treatment. You probably also know that he called Cindy a cunt in public back in the 90s. We can bet the bank that this would be ammunition against Obama if his history was like this.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP