Sunday, September 21, 2008

BET Company Man And World Class Ivy League "Dummy LaMont" Reginald Hudlin "Leaves" The Network!

Does anyone know the sound of one hand clapping? If you do, you're hearing that sound very faintly right now. Reginald Hudlin has exited his position as President of BET. Considering how little fanfare there was around his departure and after reading the BET press release e-mail, it sounds like Hudlin got FIRED in a very, very, very, nice way.

I take great pleasure in not having to look at Hudlin's smug and arrogant mug any longer, but his legacy of awful, stereotypical, racist, sexist, and downright stupid programming remains quite solid. I do have to wonder what could have possibly triggered his exit from BET, considering that vigorous protests from his public audience didn't matter one bit in terms of improving BET programming.

And I really have to wonder what in the hell his replacement has in store for BET. I think BET is like our current U.S. economy, it's going to get worst before it gets any better. May Reginald Hudlin, the Wicked Warlock of BET rest in peace somewhere else far, far, far, far away from anything having to do with the Black American public.

5 comments:

Mes Deux Cents September 21, 2008 at 12:12 PM  

Professor Tracey,

Hudlin is gone but Debra Lee is still there. So I don't expect much.

The best thing I can say about Hudlin is that he helped me to save hundreds of dollars over the last year. It was last August that I cancelled my cable because of BET.

I hope all is well with you. I missed your blog! :)

Dr. Tracey Salisbury September 21, 2008 at 12:45 PM  

MDC -


I am so glad you are back! I was a little crushed that you decided to stop blogging, but I understand. I am glad that things are going better for you. Any time you want to guest blog, you are welcome over here. Please feel free to e-mail me, if you are interested!!!! WELCOME BACK!!!

Tafari September 22, 2008 at 1:56 PM  

This is not the firing I want to be reading about. What I want to hear is that cable providers are dropping this crappy entertainment outlet all together.

The time for BET has come & gone.

I'm just saying!
Bygbaby

BLKSeaGoat September 22, 2008 at 2:56 PM  

As long Debra Lee is still there, BET's legacy of Chtilin' eatin' programming will continue.

Reginals "Huggie Bear" Hudlin will be replaced by one of Dbbie's chums from Brown.

Eye D. VS Mel O. September 23, 2008 at 2:55 PM  

yea i agree with everyone on here...

Debra Less is still H.B.I.C so I do not sense any change for quite awhile. Also this cat named Stephen Hill is taking Hudlin's place so I'm curious as to what he has up his sleeve

however... I did enjoy the hip-hop forums if that counts for anything

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP