Thursday, October 16, 2008

Any Woman Still Voting For McCain After His Remarks On Abortion And The Health Of The Expectant Mother Is A Selfish, Mindless, Woman-Hating Idiot!

No politician should EVER make light of an expectant mother's health during pregnancy. NEVER! Carrying a child to term and giving birth to a child is not a simple process and not without risk, particularly in difficult economic times when women are struggling financially, don't have adequate health care, and are giving birth alone as a single parent. Any politician making light of the risk to a woman's body, health, and life during a pregnancy is a walking and talking billboard for why women must fight to keep Roe versus Wade intact as law!

Watching John McCain downplay the seriousness of a woman considering her own body, her own health, her own life during a straight forward or difficult pregnancy, enraged me! Watching him make those air quotes with those twisted fingers and tiny little paws of his, royally pissed me off! ONLY A MAN WHO CAN NEVER BE PREGNANT, NEVER CARRY A CHILD, WOULD DARE MAKE SUCH A CALLOUS AND SELFISH STATEMENT! John McCain's comments and body language should have scared the living daylights out of each and every woman tuning in to the debate.

A woman's right to chose is not a game, it's serious business. I am a woman that would NOT want to have a child that was the product of a rape. I am a woman that would seriously consider LONG and HARD before knowingly giving birth to a severely disabled child. I am a woman that would seriously consider LONG and HARD before giving birth to a child, if there was a possibility that I would not survive the pregnancy.

I am a woman that does not want a child or a woman forced to give birth to a child that was the product of incest. I am a woman that does not want an uneducated, unemployed, and unprepared teenager giving birth to an unwanted child. I am a woman that does not want a child or a woman forced to give birth to a child that was the product of rape. And I really don't want myself or any other woman denied the right to make the choice about a pregnancy that might disable me physically or kill me! And I sure in the hell don't want that decision made by a man that will never face such a personally agonizing and life-threatening situation!

3 comments:

Unknown October 16, 2008 at 12:19 PM  

Oh where do I begin with the shit McCain spewed? I was very angry. I became outraged not in what he believes, but in his desire to make everyone a victim of his beliefs. Having given birth to 5 daughters naturally by choice, I don't need a man to dictate what I need to do with my body. As Obama said no one's for 'abortion', we're for a woman's right to choose. I'm not for bringing a child into this world under any of the circumstances that you've mentioned. And I'm not sure about pregnancy for the mentally unstable, imprisoned females or drug addicts either, but the right to choose must remain!

Carla October 16, 2008 at 6:02 PM  

I agree with you, but, you know, abortion is perfectly legal, and I'm wary of pro-choicers making out that there are somehow good abortions and bad abortions. If I'm a woman of means with a potentially healthy baby who simply doesn't want to bring a child into this world, it shouldn't matter--that's my legal right. Period. Obama was wrong--some of us are absolutely PRO ABORTION.

tasha212 October 17, 2008 at 10:13 AM  

I don't believe in abortion. I would never have an abortion because I believe that it is murder BUT I believe that every woman should have the right to choose. It is her body. No man should be able to tell a woman what she should and should not do in certain situations, especially in the case of rape or incest. I already dispise McCain especially since he seems hell-bent on instigating fear and hatred in his white supporters and this doesn't help.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP