Friday, October 10, 2008

A Little Something For The White Folks That Have Been Embarrassed By Their Own Over The Past Few Days

One of the most powerful scenes for me in the film Crash, is when Terrence Howard's buppie character tells Ludacris' gangsta character, "Look at me. You embarrass me. You embarrass yourself." After the last few days of watching those you tube videos of white folks shouting derogatory slurs and racially charged rhetoric about Barack Obama, I had to wonder if white folks who are not a part of this ugliness feel like the Terrence Howard character.
So, for those folks, here's something to be proud of - Rednecks for Obama and an awesome photo of the racially diverse and enthusiastic crowd at an Ohio rally for Obama. We have to recognize the white folks that are open-minded and understand that American is for all, not just a close-minded and separatist fringe of society.

2 comments:

Shurl October 10, 2008 at 6:55 AM  

I saw some of these guys on TV at the convention. They drew a big crowd. And they were very defensive about why they were supporting Obama. It was kind of funny. But, I was glad to see it.

My in-laws are white, working class all the way. I thought for sure they were McCain supporters. But, they've been bashing McCain for months and are voting for Obama after years of voting republican.

Don October 10, 2008 at 2:43 PM  

I read where Ohio has voted for the last twenty-two presidents, it's supposedly one of the battleground states and very important to Obama. So I enjoyed seeing this image and look forward to Election Day.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP