Saturday, November 29, 2008

Why Folks Should Keep Their Yaps Shut About Oprah Winfrey

Per Forbes magazine, Oprah Winfrey donated 50 million dollars last year. That's nearly 20% of the 275 million she earned in 2007. Oprah supported projects ranging from her girls school in South Africa to rebuilding efforts in the cities damaged by Hurricane Katrina and Rita. Oprah might get on your damn nerves from time to time, but people need to shut the hell up and deal with it. There's no better philanthropist in Hollywood!

5 comments:

Miriam November 29, 2008 at 8:41 PM  

Yay Oprah.

I don't think she's done anything against BF. Even that is a step in the right direction.

Sheryl November 30, 2008 at 7:33 PM  

I agree with you 100%. I hardly ever watch Oprah's show, but I am in awe of the good that she does. She was the first person (or organization) that I saw that actually rebuilt homes for Katrina victims. She provided everything in the homes including furniture and linens. I was in tears when I watched the special on the opening of the school in Africa. A minister that I know criticizes her for the publicity around her charity and believes that she should do it quietly. She's very influential and she inspires many people by what she does. Anyway how do you lead by example when no one sees the good you do? Oprah's more than alright in my book.

Mari-Djata December 1, 2008 at 10:01 PM  

Oprah needs to run for office. Or get appointed to some cabinet position by Obama.

B December 5, 2008 at 2:13 PM  

I am with you there. For all the press people like Bragelina get for their "giving," they give away much less of their income and get a hell of a lot more good press about it.

Oprah is crazy but at least she's a crazy check writing fool.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP