Friday, December 26, 2008

Professor Tracey Is Completely Hooked On HBO's Old Cable Series - Carnivale


Why I love Netflix is because you can catch up on old cable series that you missed or could not afford the $12.95 a month to keep the channel that the series aired on as part of your cable package. An extra bonus is that you can plan a wonderful evening marathon with the entire season of a series with your own yummy snacks and favorite beverage and lie buck-ass naked curled under your best comforter watching it in its entirety until the crickets start cricketing with the dawn's early light. My latest choice for that kind of marathon would be Carnivale. Different, Dangerous, and Dazzling! Too bad it only lasted two seasons. I have made my way through the majority of season one and season two is on it's way. Highly recommended!

8 comments:

RainaHavock December 26, 2008 at 4:58 PM  

OMG! I loved Carnivale! I did have HBO so I was always watch it when it came on. I was so pissed when they canceled it.

Christopher Chambers December 26, 2008 at 5:07 PM  

The show was too intelligent and too mystical for the average clown. Plus I've met black folks who say it's about evil. Well it is, but it's also about the forces of good, indeed Jesus if you think about it. But you know some black folks. Remember my book Sympathy for the Devil? Some church lady book clubs told me the title wasn't appropriate. The title came from an old Rolling Stones, and had nothing to do with devils.

In any event, the thing I hated was Nick Stahl. He looks like a white ape.

(I like the mama stripper. Now that's some sexy big woman....)

Tami December 26, 2008 at 6:00 PM  

Ooh! Carnivale always looked like a show I would like, but I missed the beginning and then felt too lost to pick it up. I think I'll add it to my Netflix queue. I'm making my way through Ken Burns' Civil War docs right now and will be ready for something else soon.

msladyDeborah December 27, 2008 at 11:14 PM  

I liked Carnivale a lot. I just watched the series when it was on HBO On Demand. It was different and I liked being able to look at Brazilian culture from a different viewpoint.

It is a good series. I would like to see more of it.

msladyDeborah December 27, 2008 at 11:15 PM  

I watched The Civil War about five times. It is pretty interesting.

Ron Buckmire December 29, 2008 at 1:11 PM  

Carnivale? You HAVE seen The Wire right?

Dr. Tracey Salisbury December 29, 2008 at 1:22 PM  

@Mad Professah,

I'll send Omar around with my answer to that question. LOL!

Ciji December 31, 2008 at 1:14 AM  

The brilliant Carnivale was axed to make way for more... Curb Your Enthusiasm. Yay?

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP