Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Was SNL's Parody Of NY Governor Paterson Even Funny?



I'm not sure what the big deal is about this skit, other than the fact it wasn't really very funny at all. I'm not that big on this dude's parody of Barack Obama and this skit on Paterson just made me wonder why in the hell is SNL after all these damn years on the air are still so resistance to hiring multiple African American cast members, so a white man doesn't have to play black people. What happens when Maya Rudolph decides not to return to play Michelle Obama, are they gonna put one of the white girls in an afro wig and blackface?

Black folk better fine their sense of humor quick, with so many black folk in elected and appointed office now, there is going to be all kinds of strange attempts at humor, satire, and parody....and a whole hell of a lot of this humor is going to fall very, very, flat.

6 comments:

Anonymous,  December 16, 2008 at 4:32 PM  

have not seen the paterson piece - will have to youtube - but i know dude is horrible as obama. I MEAN!

Unknown December 16, 2008 at 8:28 PM  

I wasn't offended by the piece. But then again I'm not legally blind. I'm not offended every time Blacks are portrayed on a comedy/satire show . I remember plenty of earlier days when Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles were the brunt of Black comedians. There are so many comics today that thrive off of the culture of Blacks (and our failures)- and many of us are not offended and remain silent about it perhaps because of the mentality that overlooks the behaviors of Black entertainers yet judges whites for the same.
I'm not condeming or condoning I'm just identifying it.

I actually don't think the SNL skits of Obama are horrible. His antics are mocked almost perfectly. SNL has traditionaly mocked Presidents; world leaders; news headlines etc. I don't think that's going to change. The night comedy shows do the same. Whenever Blacks have hosted late night tv or entertainment programs they have done no differently.

Blake December 16, 2008 at 9:29 PM  

or we could just not watch it.....revolutionary, I know.

Gloria December 17, 2008 at 3:07 PM  

Maybe I got a weird sense of humor but I CTFU when I saw this on TV. Especially when the other two were trying to surpressed their laughter. Priceless!

BTW did ya'll know Maya Rudolph's mom is the late Minnie Riperton?

oregonsistah December 18, 2008 at 12:59 AM  

selena: I thought it was funny and brought me to tears. It hadn't nothing to do with him being incompetent. It is just the guy looked like him and had his mannerisms down pat. I think if the gov get's clean shaven and maybe get some nice glasses it would change his image a bit....

Invisible Woman December 22, 2008 at 5:58 AM  

I'm sorry, I laughed out loud several times when I first saw that skit...what can I say? I'm not always PC.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP