Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Let's Hope That Dr. Sanjay Gupta Takes The Gig As President Obama's Surgeon General

I don't care if he's a news celebrity, his resume is tight. I like this pick. America has some serious health issues from HIV/Aids to obesity. If Dr. Gupta being a familiar and famous face helps the American public get informed about health issues and get off their butts to improve their physical, emotional, and mental conditions, then I say bring him on. I hope he is willing to take the pay cut to get the gig.

4 comments:

page January 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM  

I like Dr Gupta on CNN, I am sure his resume is tight.......we need a new age progressive thinker in this position that can and will promote social health policies. No one has done this since Dr. Elders was dismissed for talking about masterbation. Maybe he can reach people that would not others wise give two hoots about health. However with him being a "celebrity" some people will view him no more qualified than Dr. Phil unfortunately....which is also critical to promote and change policy. My spouse who works for NIH is not happy about this at all.

Anonymous,  January 7, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Thank you. I posted on this myself about the knee jerk reaction from people who don't know the duties of the Surgeon General. Someone to tell people don't push back from the table and get some exercise and stop all the self-destructive behavior that shortens your life. I also had to respond to possible selection of Panetta as the CIA Director.

I liken it to sports. If you let a fan be the general manager of their favorite team most would run it into the ground.

Jaddadalos January 13, 2009 at 1:15 PM  

It's not about his resume. It's about his opposition to universal health care for me. If that's part of the platform Obama ran on, the appointment of Gupta is quite odd.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP