Monday, March 30, 2009

Professor Tracey Loves The New HBO Series - The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency

I throughly enjoyed the debut of the new Jill Scott series, The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency! It was slow as hell and I loved every snail's pace moment. It cracked me up! Jill Scott was great, but Anika Noni Rose was even better.

I can't say how long it has been since I enjoyed watching a show that was not trying to hit you over the head with explosions, nudity, or bloody carnage. What a relief to watch something sappy, sweet, and sassy, all at the same time!

7 comments:

lincolnperry March 30, 2009 at 2:02 PM  

I knew that you would! Watch the HBO back stories on demand!

Anonymous,  March 30, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

Funny you use the word "relief"--that was one of my reactions to the program as well. I am sure I am not being as analytic and critical as I could be in my reaction. But right now all I feel is overwhelming contentment that such a program has made it to my TV box.

BTW, I agree about Anika Noni Rose. More than her, though, how wonderful to see the interactions and developing relationship between her's and Scott's character.

lincolnperry March 30, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

@postpostracial
watching Anika ut her follow-up Noni Rose, shows a depth of character and acting range, she was clearing overlook in dreamgirls, no slight to Jennifer Hudson, but this performance clearly shows her talent!

Shurl March 30, 2009 at 5:08 PM  

Neat! I'll check it out on DVD.

saint james March 30, 2009 at 7:14 PM  

LOVED seeing my kin on TV. I will follow th show. Anika was very funny. Jill Scott's acting range has gotten better and she is a very subtle comedian. She is also very good/

Hadassah March 31, 2009 at 11:54 AM  

I loved every bit of the show !

Anonymous,  April 9, 2009 at 10:05 AM  

I'm interested to hear what you thought about episode 2! :)

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP