Saturday, April 25, 2009

Are Black Women Doomed To Forever Having To Justify How They Choose To Wear Their Hair?

Oprah recently had to tell folks that she didn't wear weaves. I am sick and tired of folks worrying about black women's hair. It's the 21st century. I'm sick of arguing about bad hair, natural hair, fake hair, permed hair, good hair, wavy hair, nappy hair, and ya' mama's hair, etc.... Enough is a damn 'nough. It's time to shut the fuck up about black women's hair. It's not anyone's damn business how a sista chooses to wear her hair and that includes other black women!

6 comments:

Dark Moon April 26, 2009 at 10:30 PM  

Yes. Its time to let the hair wars die. I am locked and I used to be a naptural nazi, but in the end--its just hair. Of course with Oprah, she always had a lot of hair--and it always grew fast--therefore I always saw her as a Black woman with thick, long, heavy hair. I have a friend who has her type of hair texture.

La♥audiobooks April 27, 2009 at 11:36 AM  

Thank you. Praise be. Halleluuurya. It's too draining and petty.

I could never get it... What can the condition/style of other black woman's hair do for ME as an individual? Nothing.

Anonymous,  April 27, 2009 at 7:48 PM  

It's time to shut the fuck up about black women's hair.

--this right here, is why I effs w/ your blog Prof T. THANK YOU. 'nuff said.

Ciji April 27, 2009 at 11:22 PM  

Amen. Ditto. Word. THIS.

L.A. Culture Maven April 28, 2009 at 12:26 AM  

Personally, I'm tired of bracing myself for non-Black folks comments about my hair...its not a novelty or a conversation piece...its just hair. Being patient and tolerant of ignorant azz questions like how do you wash it or even DO you wash it leaves me wanting to slap the ish outta somebody on at least a weekly basis.

Anonymous,  April 29, 2009 at 12:03 AM  

" It's time to shut the fuck up about black women's hair. It's not anyone's damn business how a sista chooses to wear her hair and that includes other black women!"

HELLO!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP