Tuesday, July 14, 2009

HBO's True Blood Is Like A Day Old Pastry - A Combination Of A White Trash Delight And Black Ghettolicious Treat You Can't Resist

I just started watching the first season of True Blood. I can't say I'm buying into all the hype around this show. At this point I am finding it mildly amusing. I think the lead couple is the most unattractive and unsexy vampire/mortal hook-up in Hollywood history.

The show is a collection of every white trash, redneck, hillbilly stereotype and every black ghetto, signifying, Ebonics speaking stereotype ever created in nature. And I am definitely not feeling the smart-mouthed black girl pining after the brainless dirty white boy storyline.

With that said, there is something about the show that makes you want to watch....at least the first season. I cut my HBO a loose when The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency finished it's run and if it's not renewed, I ain't renewing my HBO. So, True Blood will always be a DVD series for me.

7 comments:

Hue Reviews July 14, 2009 at 7:56 AM  

I haven't been able to get into it. But everyone (black friends) seem to love it.

Anonymous,  July 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM  

Hey Doctor Tracey!
I've been enjoying True Blood too.
And you ain't heard it from me but you can always download the new episodes from newtorrents.info. We gave up cable but I get my latest episode every Monday!

Black People Suffer From PTSD July 14, 2009 at 11:37 AM  

I'll take Precious Ramotswe anytime over this country fried congealed blood crap.

williedynamite July 14, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

Started streaming the first season it last week. It's oddly compelling and addictive.

PPR_Scribe July 14, 2009 at 11:47 PM  

**spoiler alert**

Well, this week's epi finally saw Tara hooking up with the sexy, soulful, sensitive Black guy.

And I agree about the main couple. I often forget the show is supposed to center on them. Vampire Eric is MUCH more interesting and this season he is back with a sexier look and (it seems) a more developed story line of his own.

Tami July 15, 2009 at 10:49 AM  

PPR_Scribe,

Re: black hook up: I KNOW...right! I never realized "eggs" could be so hot.

Tracey,

I found that the show got better as season one wore on. At first I was like: sassy black girl, bad Southern accents...WTF? But TB grew on me. I'm pretty much hooked now.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP