Thursday, July 16, 2009

If MSNBC Can't Quit Racist And Sexist Asshole Pat Buchanan, Maybe It's Time Viewers Quit MSNBC - Starting With The Rachel Maddow Show


I completely understand that Pat Buchanan's role on MSNBC was to be the right wing nutzo conservative voice, but he has moved completely beyond that role long ago. He's just plain nasty and disrespectful. He's nothing but a white supremacist with a mainstream news platform. It's disgraceful and disgusting.

It's time for MSNBC to cut him loose or it's time for a boycott of MSNBC news shows that continue to give this racist and sexist man a platform to spew his bile.

Buchanan's insanely racist and sexist rantings on the Rachel Maddow Show last night was stunning not only in it's viciousness and ignorance, not just with the completely dishonest and baseless attacks on Judge Sonia Sotomayor, but in it's complete naked hatred and contempt of any Americans who are not white.

Flat-out ugly, free-form, racial hatred on open display on national television, we might has well been watching a KKK convention speech live. All that was missing was the use of plain old fashioned racial slurs like "nigga" or "wetback" because it was clearly obvious that Buchanan would have no trouble making that switch on a dime.

I was not impressed with Rachel Maddow's feeble response when she actually managed to get a word in. Does Maddow have a damn clue who in the hell her audience actually is? As a woman of color, I don't want to tune into the "progressive" Rachel Maddow Show and get exposed to disgusting racialized vomit of a Nazi lunatic like Pat Buchanan. This is not the first time, Maddow has had this experience with Buchanan. I don't get why she would insist on having him on her show.

The bottom line is just this - It's time for MSNBC to cut him loose or it's time for a boycott of MSNBC news shows that continue to give this racist and sexist man a platform to spew his bile.

11 comments:

msladyDeborah July 17, 2009 at 6:24 AM  

Professor Tracey,

I see Pat's commentary has got you fired up!

I watched the show and he was definitely off the chain in his beliefs about Affirmative Action, people of color and his claim of reverse discrimination against white males.

It wouldn't be difficult to dismantle his examples. Especially when he cited Alan Bakke. It seemed to me that Rachel wasn't prepared for his full blown rant.

He has got a lot of people fired up and mad as hell over his latest round of commentary. I suspect that MSNBC has been receiving a whole lot of flack over his commentary.

ch555x July 17, 2009 at 8:22 AM  

I can only stand to watch these types of shows for only a segment or two at a time. MSNBC hardly has news on anyway unless you count marathons of Caught on Tape or those prison docs. Plus, I'm not a sucker for "liberal" slants, so their casting of Pat in their sitcom means little to me.

Mac Daddy Tribute Blog July 17, 2009 at 11:42 AM  

I know longer watch Hardball or the Rachel Maddow show. Neither Rachel or Mathews stand up to Buchannon, even though they consistently cut Eugene Robinson off when he tries to get back at Buchannan.

This is no longer acceptable. People should tune off these programs and watch news and PBS and listen to BBC, where they have real journalists and people who know how to interview.

notburnttoast July 17, 2009 at 2:53 PM  

Given his ethnic identity (Irish/Catholic), the US was not built by men like him. His ilk were not considered Founding Father material. He needs to be reminded of this. His people did not build this country by his logic. Also, if you can only pick out three instances of "discrimination" of white men, then you have a pretty week case. I actually had to hold onto my husband while watching last night. It took me back to age 13 when I was first called a nigger to my face. Sigh. No more MSNBC for me.

Daisy Deadhead July 17, 2009 at 6:28 PM  

One of the most racist diatribes I've ever heard from any commentator, including Limbaugh --I'd like to see him get fired like Don Imus.

Unknown July 17, 2009 at 7:34 PM  

He's a douchebag and proud of it. He spews hatred, division and support of a 'seperate' people, not a United States.

He's still bitter about his unsuccessful attempt at the Presedential helm.

Tell me what good has he done for others? His life is just full of attempts to demean and discount all non whites. May he die a lonely miserable suffering death in the end. Starting first with the loss of speech.

Claudia July 17, 2009 at 8:34 PM  

Agreed. I'm all for offering opposing views, but his kind of hate speech just can't be tolerated.

brownstocking July 20, 2009 at 3:52 AM  

I've been over Maddow since she fell for the blame game concerning Prop 8. I don't know why she would want to continue playing with Uncle Pat. But that says something about her credibility, too.

Pat isn't all that Irish, from what I understand, more German heritage, but plays up the Irish thing for "populism's" sake. [eyeroll]

Chloe Bee July 20, 2009 at 4:15 AM  

Based on what I read I can agree and disagree with you on your points. As an avid Rachel Maddow watcher I can't say that I disagree with a lot of her points and I think she speaks to the best of her ability's while regarding her own personal dualities. As a woman, a feminist and as a lesbian I think she (especially in relation to the aforementioned video) speaks with conviction about race; especially when considering that she is a white woman. She is only speaking to the best of her understanding of being discriminated against and what she can conceive racial discrimination as being. So, feeble, I think is taking it too far considering she schooled this racist fool and made his point completely moot to anyone, of any race that didn't live through the civil rights era.

BLKSeaGoat July 20, 2009 at 2:41 PM  

Rachel babled during her response and wasn't ready for Pat. Why the hell would she even engage him in a spirited debate if she wasn't actually prepared with FACTS?

She allowed him to run off at the mouth and appeared to be shocked that Pat could be thinking this way. She schooled no one and accomplished nothing. Pat wore her ass out, racist, chauvanist, sexist and all.

I was so incensed by Rachel's lack of assertiveness and intelligence on this issue that I had to change the channel and calm down afterwards.

I would like to believe that Rachel knows the nuances associated with affirmative action, but that did not come out at all during this segment.

Unknown August 3, 2009 at 1:58 PM  

I say to everyone please don't boycott the station, we must work against people like Pat. Beck, Rush, Hannity and O'Reilly by going out into our own neighborhood and get people engaged into politics. Talk is just talk, but actions count more. We must have people call their Representatives offices and demand action on key votes from Health care to Affirmative Action. Boycotting a show or station doesn't help anyone, but votes do.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP