Saturday, October 31, 2009

Stuff That Doesn't Make Sense - A White Woman Can Spend $12,000 A Month On Fake Ass Hair, But All Everyone Wants To Talk About Is Black Women's Hair

One of things that always strikes me with debates and discussions about black women is that folks never want to talk about real stuff that hurts us; poverty, disease, lack of equitable marriage partners, being underpaid and overworked in the workplace, domestic violence, abuse, rape, etc.....


Yet, talking about black women's hair dominates the airwaves, then you can hear a rat pissing on cotton when it's a white woman doing the EXACT same thing that black women are universally condemned for. Isn't interesting how quietly all kinds of folks accept RHOA Kim Zolciak's fake ass hair and fucking a married black man? Funny that.

4 comments:

La♥audiobooks October 31, 2009 at 11:28 PM  

I never understood the seriousness this debate. I think if a black woman wants to fry, sew, color, cook, creme or steam her hair, it's her propagative. It doesn't have to mean she hates natural hair, nor herself or blackness. Why don't the "to each her own and her money" rule ever apply to black women?

I always say, the real issue isn't about how much money the average black women spends on her hair etc. (There are plenty black women with natural hair/locks who spend some good money on products/salons as well). I think the shameful crime surrounds the fact that black women/people in particular are not the ones to reap the financial benefits of "our" hair industry. That's the shameful part right there to expend the energy on.

Monique November 1, 2009 at 9:23 PM  

Kim's married boyfriend is not a black man.(thankfully)

Daisy Deadhead November 4, 2009 at 2:59 PM  

I was totally stunned when Kim said she used a wig a day! I hope that isn't natural hair! I certainly wouldn't sacrifice MY hair so Kim could look good for ONE DAY... I thought people used wigs over and over? (shows what I know) People are always telling me I should cut my hair for a wig for some poor woman w/little or no hair... and now all I can think is, it might go to some asshole like Kim!

She's so gross.

Unknown November 5, 2009 at 4:54 PM  

Thanks for pointing out this OBVIOUS DOUBLE STANDARD when it comes to what BW and NON-BW do with their hair.

I ALWAYS inform ANTI-BW critics that NON-BW use hair extensions and MANY OTHER ENHANCEMENTS to "IMPROVE" their beauty WITHOUT experiencing ANY CRITICISM/DISRESPECT but MANY ANTI-BW RACIST/HATERS don't feel BW should be "allowed" the right to do the same.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP