Saturday, January 12, 2008

Did The Boondocks Get Censored?

The much anticipated "Hunger Strike" episode of Aaron McGruder's Boondocks did not air and NO ONE is talking. From preview clips, the episode was wickedly and unmercifully critical of BET and it's management figureheads. I find it very interesting that The Boondocks can use the N word all day, make fun of other celebrities all night, but BET and it's minons couldn't take one minute of parody about themselves. Viacom has entirely too much power and influence in my book!

6 comments:

Attorneymom January 12, 2008 at 7:48 PM  

Now that is scary. BET had the nerve to shut someone down because its executives could not handle the truth about themselves. It wasn't a parody. It was truth. Truth hurts.

Wow. So much for free speech.

DJ Black Adam January 12, 2008 at 8:32 PM  

Some say it's too deep, and some sany strong...some say the truth hurts, but I say wrong!

I'm with you Osirus, it's time for war, launch your chariot I can't take no more!

DJ Black Adam January 12, 2008 at 11:56 PM  

BTW, that was from GrandVerbilizerFunkinLesson Brother J of the group X-Clan (circa 1991)

Dr. Tracey Salisbury January 13, 2008 at 12:10 AM  

DJ Black Adam -

I knew the lyrics, I was vibing on your form of communication. I love it!

wisdomteachesme January 13, 2008 at 4:52 PM  

'the revolutions will not be televised!"
"Shut 'em down!"

~chuck D-public enemy

so we can be black and stripped of everything as long as it brings food to the massa's table?!!

share croppers is what they are that work for BET! that includes the actual bet staff and those other people that have 'shows' on bet.
share-croppers & uncle toms!

opps-did that come out--so sorry--hahahaa
hahahahaa

SheCodes January 13, 2008 at 8:39 PM  

I like the "share-cropper" terminology. Please excuse me if I bite off of you and start using the term.

SHUT BET DOWN.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP