Friday, January 4, 2008

You Ain't Slick.....

Yesterday I think I set a record for changing a television channel. In fact I changed the channel so quickly, I think I hurt my wrist. I had missed Obama's Iowa victory speech and I was channel surfing to catch a repeat. Low and behold, I just catch Chris Matthews of Hardball referring to Obama as "son of Kenya...son of Hawaii...." Click...channel changed!

Lawd please! Matthews remarks were not at all about having pride in where Obama is from or his racial background, but making sure that no one forgets he is the other! Brother outsider! Whenever I hear or read about black folks being criticized for not letting go of racial politics, I always laugh because white folks love to remind us how different we are when it suits them. Why couldn't it be simply Barack Obama...son of America...candidate of America!

I have grown so tired of Chris Matthews during this pre-election campaign. He is a major Hillary Clinton hater, picking on the sound of her voice and her "cackle." What does that have to do with politics? He also has been one of the regular media pundits who refused to let go of harping about Obama's first and middle names. Utterly racist and sexist!

And I'm still mad about what a wimp he was when he devoted an entire show to Ann Coulter and never challenged her at all.

4 comments:

SheCodes January 4, 2008 at 10:33 PM  

Ugh. I don't listen to any pundits except Keith Olberman.

I despise them all. I HATE how the media has it's own agenda and tries to control the outcome of elections by steering the people. It's disgusting.

I think that during the presidential election cycle, there should be a government funded, free, analog television channel and also a free national radio station that the candidates use to fully present their platforms... free of commercials and FREE OF PUNDITS.

That way we won't get the endless skewering and arrogant assessments.

Anonymous,  January 5, 2008 at 11:05 AM  

So Tracey you didnt catch when Matthews called Obama's overseas experience "Third World"? A white person grows up overseas and third world would not be used to describe his or her experience.

It would be "traveled", "open-minded", "cultured", "tolerant" or any number of wonderful adjectives.

Anonymiss January 5, 2008 at 5:20 PM  

He's definitely a racist & Bill Maher pointed that out a few years ago when Al Sharpton was running for president. Matthews said that his political started from a lie (Tawana Brawley). Like Maher said, "What politician hasn't lied? Why only call out Sharpton?"

I prefer Keith Olberman but I'd still rather watch C-SPAN. It's unfiltered news that allows you to form your own opinions.

Dr. Tracey Salisbury January 7, 2008 at 5:50 PM  

Everyone -

I agree completely. I also hate the way Matthews always called Hillary - Mrs. Clinton instead of Senator Clinton. It's just so disrespectful!

I'm a big K.O. fan as well!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP