Friday, February 8, 2008

Black History Month Tribute - Nichelle Nichols AKA Lieutenant Uhura

I was never an avid watcher of Star Trek re-runs when I was a kid, I always liked Space 1999 better, but when I first caught glimpse of Lt. Uhura I was hooked. A sista in space?! What could any tomboy like better. Nichelle Nichols never had enough lines for me, but she used to give folks some looks on that show that was saying a whole lot! Her mouth may not have been moving, but her eyes were saying it all. Not to mention Captain Kirk trying to get his "jungle fever" on with her in one episode..."I don't want to do this, but..." Yeah right, William Shatner was on the set early the day that episode was shot!

3 comments:

LostGirl#1 February 8, 2008 at 8:19 AM  

LOL @ William Shatner...yea, he was there bright and early that day.


pinky

wisdomteachesme February 8, 2008 at 8:31 AM  

gguurrlll-now you have hit one of my favorite shows!!
LOL
i love star trek!! te originals and witout a doubt the new generation series!

oh yes you cannot forget about one of the few black people on the show that did not have a jacked-up! costume! LOLOLO

and for her to be in the orignal says MUCH about the creator of the show and his views of all people!

Lenoxave February 8, 2008 at 11:41 AM  

I was a huge fan of the original series and remain so. Uhura didn't play a big enough role, but just seeing her was so powerful for me. A sista in space! This was before Dr. Jemison who is also a wonder to me.

You bet he showed up early on the set. LOL!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP