Thursday, March 6, 2008

The Life Of The Notorious B.I.G. Coming To The Big Screen

Despite the horrific mess rap music and hip hop culture has become in the 21st century, I still love it. There has been rumblings of bringing the short and tragic life of Christopher Wallace aka The Notorious B.I.G. to the big screen. After months of searching, someone has finally been cast in the lead and big names such as Angela Basset, Derek Luke and Anthony Mackie have signed on. Biggie would have loved this film. It's a same he is not here to enjoy it. I always look back to the fateful September 1996 when Tupac was murdered and that March 1997 when Biggie was shot down as well, as a clear marker of when hip hop began it's serious downward spiral. Nothing has been the same since. Rest in peace, Big Poppa.

1 comments:

LostGirl#1 March 6, 2008 at 8:52 AM  

PT - I loathed Biggie and Tupac during their heyday as I was sooo little miss militant "they are mysogynists..." But I now LONG for them versus what's out there today.

You're right, Hip Hop hasn't been the same since.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP