Friday, June 6, 2008

The Obama's Little Bit Of Dap Starts White Folks Media Frenzy!

Another teachable moment just passed white folks right by. Whenever I hear that America does NOT have a racial divide, simple things like the Obama "dap" prove how much of a racial gulf there is in this country. The average black person was energized and excited at the moment and didn't think two things about it.

The white media acted like they discovered a new cultural trait in black people. Haven't they been paying attention to black folks at all? There was nothing unusual about the act. You can't say we have great race relations when you don't even know the simplest things about nealy 13 million people.

The kicker was Elizabeth Hasselback, the right-wing dimwit on The View, who seemed act like she knew something about giving daps, but she decided the moment was "distracting." I guess if you have a brain the size of a tic-tac, a 30-second personal moment between Obama and his wife was distracting. I had to laugh when Sherri Shepard said to her, "they could have been eating oatmeal and you would have said it was distracting."

8 comments:

Healthy Living 101 June 6, 2008 at 1:04 PM  

Whit folks know nothing about us. they don't have to, they don't want to. Its all rather annoying. But hey, "This is our moment." Sigh.

SheCodes June 6, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

You'd be shocked at how ignorant white people are about black people. Studies have been done about it, and it will leave you stunned.

Too bad they didn't throw a deuce... right now reporters would be busily looking up 'gang sign' lexicons right about now...

LISA VAZQUEZ June 6, 2008 at 2:22 PM  

Hello there,

This is just soooo typical...but I hope that black folks will finally realize that the MAJORITY of white America knows absolutely nothing, nada, zip about black people or black culture...they really do not...

Many times, when we ASSUME that white people understand our culture, and our people, we THINK we are being deliberately cast aside when their actions show that they are all for themselves...

Racial ignorance is not racial hatred...we need to understand when we are dealing with which one...are the MAJORITY of white people HATING black people? No. Are the MAJORITY completely ignorant of black people and black culture? Yes.

{tossing arms up in the air}
Lisa

Anonymiss June 6, 2008 at 2:45 PM  

LOL at Sherri. I can't stand Elizabeth with her Faux News-fed foolishness.

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog June 7, 2008 at 12:57 AM  

I can't watch the View anymore, but I might give it a 1-day reprieve when Michelle co-hosts. They were pissing me off with their daily Clinton talking points and swooning over McCain.

Kimmy June 7, 2008 at 5:19 AM  

Elisabeth Hasselbeck gets on my nerves. Even white folks dislike her. One white woman, probably an Obama supporter, wrote to Bill Geddie, the view producer to let them know that there was a profile inaccuracy for Elisabeth because her husband, is no longer and NFL player, he was not resigned by the Arizona Cardinanls or anyone else, he's no long a NFL quarterback, he's unemployed....LUV IT

Anonymiss June 9, 2008 at 8:54 AM  

Rev. Lisa,
I see what you're saying, but it's still very annoying, LOL!

My patience was tried too often with a White coworker. I found myself speakimg for my race, my gender, and my ethnicity and I couldn't stand it. I never made those type of demands of him but he could always bask in his White ignorance and White arrogance. I had to pull myself out of that situation because he was dancing on my last nerve.

It's one thing to be ignorant but it's another thing to bask in your ignorance. Now that I think about it, this rule applies to everybody and not just White people.

I don't know, I just don't come from that. I wasn't raised to think it's sensible to speak on topics that I'm ill-informed on. I'm not good at pretending to be hip or know stuff. That's my beef with a lot of them that get their "knowledge" from BET.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP