Monday, September 8, 2008

MSNBC Dumps Matthews And Olbermann From Presidential Election Coverage - Guarantees Last Place Ratings Finish By Replacing Them With David Gregory

I love watching evening news, but I can't stand most of the anchors on evening television. I really hate David Gregory, the host of Race For The White House. He's a decent journalist, but he is a horrible television newsman. He tries to hard to sound smarter than he really is and he works too damn hard to prove than he unbiased when covering Barack Obama. He rarely asks any challenging questions about McCain and never challenges his conservative guests when they appear on his show. I also can't stand looking at him. He looks like Fozzy Bear without the hat. I usually watchMSNBC for my election coverage, but I won't be watching that channel if David Gregory is the main anchor. CNN's coverage sucks and I'll never subject myself to the racism of Fake News, I guess I'll be watching Gwen Ifill and the really old white men on PBS or C-Span on election night.

8 comments:

Kristin September 8, 2008 at 7:37 AM  

We have become a censored nation

Anonymous,  September 8, 2008 at 8:05 AM  

So THATS what irritates me about David Gregory.

I couldnt put my finger on it.


Thank you for pointing it out.


Maybe Chris and Keith are moving up to NBC? yeah...right.

tryexcellence September 8, 2008 at 9:03 AM  

I won't be watching it either. Chris and especially, Keith were the only ones on that channel who held it down. MSNBC's decision should be totally offensive to every American because it tells us that freedom of speech and of the press is not respected especially when it challenges the status quo. I am totally annoyed with this decision. Next, they'll try to get to Rachel to soften up the discourse so as not to piss off McCain and his lady.

Anonymous,  September 8, 2008 at 10:30 AM  

I love the Fozzy Bear comparison and I completely agree with your take on David's tiresome persona! Is bias the concern? I just don't understand - I only tune in for Chris and Keith...

tryexcellence September 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM  

I just sent this message:

I am deeply disappointed to learn of your decision to replace Keith Olberman and Chris Matthews with someone else to cover the presidential election night in November. Both Matthews and Olberman have displayed the utmost professionalism in a very heated and divisive election. Yes, perhaps they both have a slight leaning towards the left but they were always fair and objective in their coverage of the presidential campaigns and party conventions. Your decision was a bad one and prompts to cease from viewing your shows. I will advise all of my responsible and fair-minded friends and family to do the same. In a time when more journalist are caving into pressure and refusing to adhere to basic tenants of journalistic integrity, Mathews and Olberman were part of a minority that spoke truth to power. SHAME ON YOU NBC AND MSNBC!

This was sent to countdown@msnbc.com, hardball@msnbc.om, nightly@nbc.com, phil.griffin@nbc.com, steve.capus@nbc.com, jeff.zucker@nbcuni.com and chuck.todd@nbcuni.com.

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog September 8, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

Censorship rules apparently. You don't see Fake News getting rid of their anchors! When the ratings tank they'll rethink their position. I'm kinda surprised about Chris Matthews though as he's not exactly liberal.

Gloria September 8, 2008 at 4:33 PM  

Does anyone know why they were dropped?

I hear Obama will be on Keith's show tonight at 8 PM (EST)

Dr. Tracey Salisbury September 8, 2008 at 6:03 PM  

@Selena -

Check the Huffington Post for more, but they were dropped for not being "objective" during both convention coverages. They were also dropped due to the public spats between MSNBC anchors on air during the coverage and the powers that be at MSNBC are also clearly bowing to complaints about Matthews being sexism and Olbermann being too liberal.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP