Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Crazy Black Preacher Chronicles - Pastor James David Manning Particpates In Press Conference Questioning President-Elect Obama's U.S. Citzenship

After watching the recent CNN documentary on the Jonestown Massacre, I was still struck with disbelief that so many blacks folks could have ended up following behind crazy-ass Jim Jones for anything. Black folks followed Jones until the very day that he murdered each and every one of them. I just could not believe that black folks could be such willing dupes for such an obvious dog and pony show, but after the last couple of days, I am no longer surprised.

Black folks need to do some serious soul-searching about the importance and influence of religion in shaping who were are as a people. Something is seriously wrong with the black church system and with some of the black preachers heading up some of these black churches. Too many black folks that attend black churches are acting like 21st century versions of Jonestown Cult followers, except this time, Jim Jones is a black man.

Do black folks ever ask any damn questions in church or do they sit there like sheep? I still can't get over the embarrassment and foolishness of Bishop Ellis and Greater Grace Church holding a televised prayer vigil for the auto industry. The pandering sermonizing for the auto industry was awful enough, but the placement of the SUVs on the pulpit was just indescribably over-the-top materialistic zealotry. Didn't anyone in the congregation consider that sermon and the staging problematic? Not to mention that the entire spectacle was so completely NOT about spiritual worship, renewal, or healing.

Not to be out-done, Harlem-based Pastor James David Manning stood up at a press conference today with several other crazy-ass loony tunes pushing the completely debunked theory that President-Elect Obama is not an American citizen. Now, Manning is a well-know nutter with his infamously wacky you-tube sermons, but that's not my issue, crazy black people can become pastors. For example, does Bishop Thomas "I choked the hell out of Juanita Bynum" Weeks, ring a bell with anyone? He's looking for a third wife by the way, if you're interested.

My question is what is the excuse of the people who have joined Manning's church?
Do they really believe and support the absolutely insanely unbelievable things this man says? Further, how do his parishioners view his outrageously vicious and nasty attacks on other black people, considering this is supposed to be a man of God? What is exactly Christian about calling President-Elect Barack Obama's mother as "trash" and referring to Obama as a "pimp." Also, this is the same crazy black preacher who calls Oprah Winfrey the "Babylonian whore" and "the Anti-Christ". What in God's heavenly name is going on with that?

And can anyone tell me why this dude is dressed up in this black Pope get-up?
And I hate folks that claim "PhD" status after "earning" a doctoral degree at an UNACCREDITED institution. That degree ain't worth the paper it's printed on, dude! I'm gonna have to borrow from my girl Rachael Maddow and find someone to "talk me down" about this black church mess. I'm gonna ask my blogging sister Dr. Reverend Renita Weems of the blog Something Within to weigh in on this stuff. I need some help here.

17 comments:

Miriam December 9, 2008 at 3:48 AM  

Oprah the Anti-Christ?! LOL!

Faith at Acts of Faith Blog December 9, 2008 at 4:32 AM  

False prophets abound. The real question is why do Black women - who make up the majority congregants - put all their time and money into these men and worship them instead of God? Because if they weren't already walking self-esteem issues and sacrificial mules they'd crack open a Bible and not only gloss over it but put some comprehension behind it and use common sense and ask some questions. I would've walked out of a church that had cars on stage. I actually wouldn't be a member of a mega church because I think people get lost in the shuffle and I somehow think they're more cash cow businesses and don't really have much to do with God. Which is supposed to be an individual relationship anyway, right?

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 9:32 AM  

See, Professor Tracey, I was REALLY not wanting to wake up and read this!!!!!!!!!!! Oh. My. Goodness. I really can't take this. False prophets really are abounding. And again, this is really disturbing and grieving to my spirit. Church has always been a mainstay in my life, even in the times I have been "searching". And this MESS is a prime reason why I do not wish to go to a mega-church. Whenever I visit a church and I see a lot of pomp and circumstance...in the dagon lobby...I get a little nervous! And then the show inside the sanctuary is not any better. I understand respect, authority, "the man or woman of God shepherding God's people" responsibility, but when it becomes a blatant worship of the Pastor and little of God/Jesus, at this point I leave.

I agree with what ActsofFaithblog said, I would have walked out when I saw the cars on the pulpit. If anything, THAT is a form of blasphemy to me.

Why? Why? Why?

gsutiger2 December 9, 2008 at 10:10 AM  

I had to call my father after yesterday's post (suv prayer). We are straight getting PIMPED!! We are some blind sheep. There are some good ones out there. But this church business is EASY $$ now and fair game!

Monique December 9, 2008 at 10:55 AM  

Black women falling for all these false profits is a major issue in our community.
But the good thing is that if you see Pastor Mannings videos on Youtube you will notice he doesn't have any followers. It basically looks like he called up his brothers and sisters and told them to bring their kids to the church. The choir is very small and they lypsynch, LOL. He is pure comic relief.

BLKSeaGoat December 9, 2008 at 11:25 AM  

The NIGGA CHURCH NEVER CEASES TO DISAPPOINT.

*SIGH*

This dude has like 3 church members, right? Where did he get a PhD?

Jonca December 9, 2008 at 12:20 PM  

This Manning person got his PhD from the "university" which his church started, I believe.

PhD? More like toilet paper.

Unknown December 9, 2008 at 1:20 PM  

These people continue to enslave others with their false teachings, false prophecies and stupidity.

I don't know where so many Blacks, especially women have strayed so far away from the path. If your desire is to grow spiritually and prosper in your faith, why follow a lunatic? We can be so afraid of our images, leaving traditions, what people may say...blah, blah, blah.

I stayed in a marriage for over 20 years for what ultimtely boiled down to being religious reasons dictated by the Apostolic church I belonged to. I know how hard it is to break away. I also know how enlightening it is when you do and when you're okay with the new changes in your life. Now I'm in the position to look back over my life and wonder why didn't I see the clearness of the matter before? I think I stayed because I wasn't ready to leave.

Anonymous,  December 9, 2008 at 2:33 PM  

I think fear and guilt are used a lot to control people in these types of situations. One of the first things you learn in church is that it is a sin to question God and people who ask questions or challenge things are ostracized so this keeps people quiet even when they know something's not right. I don't think he has a big following cause the few folks on the videos always look so uncomfortable.

@BlkSeagoat you ain't know, he went to U.C.C. university of chitterling consumption (he's a phD so he does chitterlings instead of chitlins') LOL...Jesus Wept--for real and I laugh to keep from crying.

Dirty Red December 9, 2008 at 6:14 PM  

Hell is hot!!

I U-tubed this crazy-ass preacher and I had to stop watching his fuckery. I do not understand it, but as long as people listen to his bullshit, he will be around.

As far as the church praying over the SUV'S I don't know what to say about that, except Hell Is Hot!!

Claudia December 9, 2008 at 9:19 PM  

Wow. This is ridiculous. I hope that someone who actually considers themselves an admirer of this guy will leave a comment because I'm curious about the questions you asked, too, Professor Tracey: what is this guy's appeal? who, in this day and age, is convinced by this kind of garbage?

LOL @ Dirty Red: "Hell is hot!!"

uglyblackjohn December 10, 2008 at 1:44 AM  

He sold his soul for his "15 minutes of fame".

RiPPa December 10, 2008 at 3:01 AM  

The church has fucked more Black people in the head than FEMA. I don't even wanna get started on Christianity as its been repackaged and fed to Black people much less about the accomplices to the system known as pastors who either don't have a clue. Or know but rather play the role of Slave catchers.

wisdomteachesme December 10, 2008 at 7:49 AM  

pimps in the pulpit prostituting God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit.

it's not 'we' black folk--i'm not in that 'we'.

many black folk have been fooled and tricked. Jesus said many will come in my name to try and lead you. He said, DON:T LISTEN TO THEM-TEST THEM BY THE SPIRIT OF GOD!
BUT IF a person does not have a personal relationship with God then they don't have a connection with the Spirit.

IT is easy to pretend to be a Christian--but you can't pretend to be a Beleiver in Jesus.
traditions, legalism, religious laws WIll Kill You. and keep you from the Will of God.
NO RELIGION! JUST JESUS!

Let Every Heart Prepare Room For HIm!
i thought this was the same fool i saw on you tube--but it's a different one??!!
OK, lol
people are caught up in the shiny stuff and can't see the Truth behind these false leaders.

And so much is being uncovered I praise Him for His RiGHTEOUSNESS!

wisdomteachesme December 10, 2008 at 8:00 AM  

one other thing sister pt,
this is what i listen to in order to stay in HHis Will- when fools like this get much media play=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rh7oMGew4rE

Unknown December 10, 2008 at 1:49 PM  

Though originally brought up in a pretty staid Episcopalian church, I used to have to go to church with my aunt as a kid. I cannot tell you how many times these preachers would come on to me, during my puberty years. That plus a complete lack of logic, had me denouncing Christianity at a young age. I now am a proud atheist and am happy to not live in fear. It was the most freeing thing I could have done for myself.

My religion will always be the golden rule.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP