Monday, December 29, 2008

Damn My Blog Sistas Symphony And Tami...Damn Them Straight To TV Hell...For Getting Professor Tracey Hooked On Mad Men!

I only allow myself to pick up one new show a season to watch, I'm busy and don't have the time to keep up with multiple series on television. I had been reading about Mad Men on my blogging sistas Symphony and Tami's blogs, but I resisted watching the show. For Christmas, I received the first season on DVD. Why did I stay up all night and the better part of the next day watching the entire season?

I got the Mad Men bug so bad, I promptly went to i-Tunes and downloaded the entire second season. I will not rest until I watch it all, dammit! It's truly an awesome show - the golden age of white folks in America. I'm glad this era is past otherwise it would have to be a horror TV series instead of a drama!

Christina Hendricks who plays Joan is one bad ass, thick ass white girl in a time period when it was completely fucked up to be a woman, even a white one! Damn, she steals the show every time she comes on screen, just as nasty as she wants to be. I start giggling the second she appears on screen. You go girl!

9 comments:

Anonymous,  December 29, 2008 at 12:29 PM  

I'm the same way PT. I can't allow myself to get caught up in too many shows. During the breaks from school I get box sets from the public library.

When you're finished with season 2 there is a great article by creator Matt Weiner discussing the season.

They haven't announced Season 3 of Mad Men (not sure if its because Weiner and AMC haven't come to terms with a new deal).

Sometimes I found myself with my mouth opening thinking, "No he did not just say/do that." Good show!

Missy December 29, 2008 at 5:06 PM  

I LOVE this show...I was hooked after one episode. It was the only thing I'd watch...I'm so not a tv person!

LorMarie December 29, 2008 at 7:10 PM  

ok, now I gotta check this out

Gloria December 29, 2008 at 7:37 PM  

Aww yes Mad Men! They even managed to squeeze in an interracial storyline.

I love a lot of the series: The Cleaner, Tudors, Dexter, True Blood...

"Regla" TV ain't about ish. With the exception of Nip Tuck and Prison Break, what's the point?

Tami December 29, 2008 at 7:57 PM  

(Through peals of maniacal laughter) I just LOVE hooking people into my TV obessions! Now, can I interest you in True Blood? It's horror-ish.

Jonne Austin December 30, 2008 at 2:47 AM  

That's it! I'm hooking it up on Netflix!

Anonymous,  January 4, 2009 at 4:35 PM  

I purchased season one with an itunes gift card. I loved it!! On to season two.

Megan January 6, 2009 at 10:15 AM  

Just like you, I love Christina Hendricks, her "real woman" body, and her va-va-va voom attitude. What a gal!

And I second Tami's advice about "True Blood." It's a hoot and a half.

Now if you want to really stretch yourself and add two more excellent shows, I recommend "Damages" and "Battlestar Galactica."

Megan

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP