Thursday, January 29, 2009

No Wonder Women Have Warped Perceptions About Their Weight - Part II


I absolutely hate this commercial for what it clearly trying to say about women, their eating habits, and their self-control when it comes to healthy eating. As someone who has never indulged herself with scarfing down a full-loaded or 100 calorie Oreo Cakester, I was more than offended at the ideal that all kinds of women would suddenly lose their minds, chase down and turn over any kind of food truck.

Now I have been at plenty of sporting events and watched plenty of pot-bellied and overweight men guzzle down beer and gobble down hotdogs, pretzels, nachos, etc..... And I have had the lovely experience of watching with disgusted amazement while one of my male students slapped two Oreo Cakesters together and proceed to cram the entire mega-calories concoction into his mouth.I would love to see men targeted for these "low calorie" treats that companies trick women into buying and pretending to enjoy. I have tried the 100-calorie Oreo thin crisps and the Chocolate Chip thin crisps and discovered both to be absolutely disgusting. Hard as hell and completely tasteless.

4 comments:

MK January 29, 2009 at 3:05 AM  

Leave it to you to make a great point. Unfortunately it's the never ending double standard that exsist between the sexes. Its ok for them to be pigs because "We're men, grrr." And you're right, those oreo crisps are gross. My co-worker still gets the stink eye for swearing to me how good they were.

Felicity January 29, 2009 at 11:51 AM  

It is a very silly advert, to women have time to run down the road screaming.

Phi Sister January 29, 2009 at 4:21 PM  

I think it's supposed to be a throw back to the 60s and Beatlemania and the like. I LOVE the song. But I do think it's weird for women to stampede over some cookies (they're only OKAY tasting).

Anonymous,  January 30, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

I don't like'em period. Give me the fat, sugar, carbs!!!!!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP