Friday, January 23, 2009

Professor Tracey's Horror Movie Junkie Chronicles - Friday The 13th Remake

The remake of My Bloody Valentine was absolutely horrible, even in 3-D. Gory for no good reason, pointless nudity, dumb-ass story that was completely predictable. Completely inferior to the original cult hit. I missed the entire Afterdark Horrorfest because wack-ass Indiana refused to carry the films, so I am in serious horror movie withdrawal.

The original Friday the 13th which I saw on Friday the 13th, many, many, many years ago is a personal favorite that really scared me at the time. I don't expect to be scared at this point, but I have hopes of a decent telling of a well-worn horror tale. It will be fun to see this film on Friday the 13th.

3 comments:

Pantheon Zeus January 23, 2009 at 4:37 PM  

the new Fri the 13th remake contains story elements from the original 3 films (jason the deformed youth, mrs voorhees, jason gets hockey mask)

also they don't shy away from sex
in this one -- so it'll be good to see that again. Because in proper slasher films, sex = death.

also, it has scrumptious Jared Padelecki showing the pecs.

also they were cool enough to name the sheriff character 'Sheriff Bracke' - after my buddy Peter Bracke who wrote the extensive & fab coffee table book :
"Crystal Lake Memories" detailing the films from its origin to Freddy vs. Jason.

I look forward to this one.

Ps --
I HATED the Rob Zombie "Halloween" remake with the cast of teen girls with ZERO personality compared to the original Annie, Linda and Laurie.

T. Nichol January 23, 2009 at 8:45 PM  

They need to let the old school horrors RIP. It seems like whenever they try to remake them they're horrible. I couldn't stand the Robie Zombie Halloween either. It didn't even follow the original storyline.

RainaHavock January 29, 2009 at 3:58 AM  

Me and my brother already said we're going to go see this!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP