Monday, January 26, 2009

Women Who Set All Women Back And Refuse To Go Away Chronicles - Karrine "Superhead" Steffans Has Another Book

I'm not really mad at Ms. Steffans, if folks will let you make a serious dollar portraying yourself in the most demeaning way possible, then go for it. She clearly doesn't give a damn what people think of her. And don't be fooled, she is most definitely getting paid. Also, you can scream and shout about her fifteen minutes of fame being up, but this sista is clocking some serious overtime in the fame sweepstakes. Further, let me be clear, I'm not hating the player here, I'm hating the game.

With all that said, it kills me that black folks will buy this crap. This "book" sounds just as terrible as the publication of our other nation-wide media black female embarrassment, Omarosa's The Bitch Switch. Omarosa's book was DOA on arrival at bookstores, but the point is she got a book deal in the first place. She had nothing of value to say and she isn't a writer. How many serious black writers don't get offers because book publishers are more interested in capitalizing on the infamy of a Omarosa or a Superhead-type instead of well-written novel by an unknown black author?

Now, Ms. Steffans last book didn't sell anywhere near the numbers of her first book, so maybe the first signs that the black reading public is getting tired of her sexual antics on paper are beginning to show. And I don't mind the idea of a "sex" or "keep your man" manual directed at black women, white women have plenty of books like this.

Yet, I would want the author of this kind of book to actually have a long history with a man of her own, not a long history of cultivating the men of other women for temporary sexual liaisons. Black women might need advice on finding love and maintaining a healthy relationship, but I strongly doubt Ms. Steffans is the one to be able to provide that information considering her own very public love-life history.

And why does the tag line to her book sound like something else other than "How to find, seduce, & keep the man you want." I can't shake the feeling that her publishers made her remove the additional line, "to kill, cook, and eat for Sunday dinner." And I guess calling this book the Black Widow Manual would not help it sell very well either, but she looks like a very attractive black widow spider ready to suck all your life-blood on that book cover.

15 comments:

Greg January 26, 2009 at 12:47 AM  

Yeah... this woman is doing entirely TOO much at this point.

Anonymous,  January 26, 2009 at 12:56 AM  

Folk bought the first book to see what names she was going to name. Despite what she thinks, it was never about HER...it was about using her to quench the public's insatiable desire for dirt about celebrities.

short of naming names...she has no real purpose.

MK January 26, 2009 at 2:54 AM  

It doesn't seem like it's very hard to become famous anymore. You don't have to necessarily be talented but just be in the right place, and right lap, at the right time. As long as someone is buying into this stuff, then there will always be someone to sell it but I digress. One thing thing that was always weird to me though, why out of all the black people that could of been chosen did Oprah choose to have Ms.Stephans as a guest? I still don't get it

Felicity January 26, 2009 at 3:21 AM  

Women like then don't deal with real men. Real men are faithful and they wouldn't have anything to do with her, she can only deal with cheapers like herself.

BLKSeaGoat January 26, 2009 at 6:31 AM  

It never ceases to amaze me that this woman can still find things to write about fellatio and swallowing people's semen.

The sad thing is that during my morning commute I can gurantee you that I will see at least 5 black people... women specifically, reading this book.

Kristin January 26, 2009 at 7:18 AM  

You know PT I hate the game as well as the players. If there were no players there would be no need for a game. Steffans needs to sit her tried azz down. Oh and really are people still sleeping with this chick?

Jazine January 26, 2009 at 10:40 AM  

Why would any woman buy this book? The subtitle is misleading. She has a history of being incapable of keeping men. They dump her and use her as a semen receptacle. The point being is that KS is a bottom feeder. Her book sales will continue to plummet, and most likely, she'll never repeat the success of her initial book.

Kim January 26, 2009 at 12:19 PM  

I'm surprise anyone of intelligence bought any of her books. She has nothing to say. A list of folks who you slept with is not worth reading, or it should not have been and because folks bought it and the other book, and will buy this book, she will never go away.

Eye D. VS Mel O. January 26, 2009 at 1:20 PM  

Her 15 minutes ain't over yet?! I mean damn go away already! We get it-- you a former dirty video ho turned dirty "author"/businesswoman. She gives black woman authors such a bad name!

Divalocity January 26, 2009 at 5:43 PM  

I've never found any of her books a must read and I even consider myself a voracious reader.

I just can’t do garbage and I believe in supporting BW but I can not support any woman who does not inspire me.

rorysmomma January 26, 2009 at 7:24 PM  

She should write a screenplay of her life....Vaginal Receptacle: The Karinne Stephans Story.

LorMarie January 26, 2009 at 7:45 PM  

Where did I get the idea that she changed her life and wants to teach women to live moral lives? I'm almost embarrassed.

T. Nichol January 26, 2009 at 11:14 PM  

I not gonna lie and say I wasn't interested in reading the first book (I borrowed someones). I did pick up a copy of #2, but to this day couldn't get past chapter one b/c 1) I just wasn't into it like that and 2) she proved she wasn't changing and just wanted more attention seeking and approval. IMO that's what Ms. Steffans' is really seeking and not so much the money. Coming from an abusive back and I'm not just talking about the DV with men, but her relationship with her mom, this woman (IMO) wants to find love and approval/acceptance anyway that she can. Be it a man or a fan base. Until she really seeks some help to deal with her issues, we're going to see as many books as she can drop and her about her dealings.

Like someone said,people aren't reading for her (I know I didn't), it's all about the name dropping.

Unknown January 27, 2009 at 5:14 PM  

I won't waste a dime on this shit. It has less to do with the person and more to do with the topic...if there was a sure way to please a man, maintain your relationship and guarantee the longevity of it all...we would all be doing it by now.

Any man dipping and dabbing with her even after they know all that there is available to know about her...they deserve to be in her book.

Mrs. Ellis January 31, 2009 at 6:40 AM  

I must admit I bought the first book,but at a library discard sale. I refuse to pay full price for this. I got it for 50 cents. But anyway. How can she help anyone seduce and keep a man. She can help them to get them, but I haven't seen any examples of her keeping any man.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP