Sunday, February 15, 2009

Commercials That Luckily Don't Have Black Women In Them - Axe Choclate Man Ad

Not only is the dude in this commercial ugly, the concept of a "chocolate man" is disgusting and creepy. I hate the Axe commercials because of it's simplified concept that if you spray man perfume on a ugly ass nerd, gorgeous women will drop everything to pursue him, not average or ugly women just like him. These type of ads continue the unhealthy and unrealistic fantasies that men continue to hold about themselves and about women.

Spraying yourself from head to toe in stanky-ass Axe is not going to land you any women, if you don't have a personality, a brain, or a job. And I love chocolate, but this ad put me right off eating any chocolate any time soon. Usually Axe has a token black woman in these ads, but I guess somebody thought it might be a problem to have a black woman running down the street after a chocolate man. Thank heavens for small favors.

6 comments:

disabled girl February 15, 2009 at 2:40 PM  

I just saw this commercial today and I must say, I am married to a chocolate man but he looks nothing like that disgusting one in the commercial. I was nauseated and put-off by it. I think that one is going to the commercial graveyard quickly. It's just gross.

Claudia February 15, 2009 at 7:58 PM  

This is why I love your blog, Prof. Tracey! I have been thinking the same thing. I can't stand this commercial and I could never figure out who would??!! Why would I want to be with a guy who smells like chocolate? Chocolate sprayed out of a tube?

Anonymiss February 16, 2009 at 1:52 AM  

Hey Prof. Tracey:

LOL at Kimberly B!

I was also creeped out by the commercial. *Shudders*

ch555x February 16, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

I don't like Axe to begin with...the chocolate ain't helpin'!

Anonymous,  February 16, 2009 at 9:38 AM  

You know, I've never understood the appeal of Axe body spray. Or should I say ASS body spray. It smells like a mixture of aftershave, underarm sweat, and a touch of hot dog water.

Anonymous,  February 21, 2009 at 11:12 PM  

I hate this commercial and as a lover of both chocolate candy and chocolate men I am put off by this ad.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP