Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Words For Warfare

"They told me not so say the F word or the N word... I'm offended they even told me that, What do they think? I'm some ignorant a**. Like I'm going to go in there, 'What's up n*****. Like what the f*** they think I'm going to do?" - Wanda Sykes

Personally, I thought the sista was funny at the White House correspondents dinner. Comics offend people, that's what they do. It kills me that folks want to get scruples all of a sudden. I don't agree with Ta-Neshi Coates view of her routine, but I do agree with his call for putting her words into context.

2 comments:

Mari-Djata May 12, 2009 at 2:04 PM  

Seriously... if anybody was offended by Sykes, they need to get a life. Especially with the Rush Limbaugh jokes. She was hilarious and truthful. People will take the most retroactive toxic statements from a conservative asshole, but let a Wanda Sykes, a Jon Stewart, or a Stephen Colbert say anything against them, they are lambasted as the villians.

Liberals better start taking some pages from the conservative attack-dog-book and stop playing nice.

Go Wanda!!!

wisdomteachesme May 17, 2009 at 12:18 PM  

she was good-she was funny-and it was hilarious!
i love her!
she cracks me UP!

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP