Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Reality Television Hustle - Jon And Kate Plus Eight Equals A Whole Lot Of Dumbass People Watching Their Show

I'm not a fan of reality television. I think it's stupid, degrading, and pointless. And I never get folks watching these shows relentlessly. What in the hell in any of these shows is actually "real" and why in the hell would any human being what to watch the public embarrassments, disagreements, and silliness of some of these people? It is really sad that average people have become so bored with their own lives that they get pleasure out of watching the train wrecks of other folks lives. We have enough people EVERYDAY making mistakes that are not on television.

TLC needs to cancel Jon and Kate Plus Eight because that family has disintegrated and they helped it happen. The people that have tuned in to regular watch that crap are guilty as well. We say we care about children in this country and then we allow people to turn their children into circus performers. This show was never about family, it was always about the deteriorating human condition and how far we are willing to degrade ourselves and our families for a dollar and a little bit of attention. It's disgusting and depressing!

6 comments:

Anonymous,  June 24, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

I never did get into J&K, but even when it first came on, I could tell something was just "different" about them. They were sitting on opposite sides of the seat, snippy with each other, and just didn't seem to really "like" one another. I felt sorry for them.

I agree, the whole 'it's about the kids' crap is for the birds. It only becomes about the kids when it's convenient for someone to raise awareness about "family values". And, I hope they do cancel the show because it's gone on long enough.

ch555x June 24, 2009 at 9:48 PM  

I've caught a couple of episodes, but that's about it. My reality show involves work, school, singlehood, etc...

Monique June 25, 2009 at 10:27 AM  

I have watched it a couple of times when the kids were younger, I was just curious as to how a household with 8 young kids is run. Kate is very organized, I know folks with less kids who can't get it together, no comment on her other traits

Anonymous,  June 26, 2009 at 12:51 AM  

I couldn't agree with you more. You offer a fresh perspective. To my dismay, there is yet another reality show re: raising multiples: A show re: sextuplets. What is it with Americans and their fascination with people with a bunch of kids? I don't understand it.

Anonymous,  June 26, 2009 at 12:52 AM  

I appreciate your POV on this topic. BTW: What is it with Americans and their fascination with reality shows re: families raising a whole bunch of kids? I don't get it.

There's yet another reality show on tv re: a family raising sextuplets. Sigh.

Drawtist_P July 1, 2009 at 4:47 PM  

There's no end in sight for shows like this: Octomom has a contract for one.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP