Thursday, January 24, 2008

Lawd Brotha, Where's Your Mama?


Last week conservative radio show host, Kevin Elkins, reportedly said, “I don’t understand how any man that’s a man can want to hide behind the skirt of a woman for leadership.” Now, I'm really irritated with Hillary Clinton these days, but this quote stopped me cold. This quote ain't just bashing Senator Clinton, but all women. Considering how much black women are carrying Black America these days, we need to be considering national, state, and local leadership by black women in the near future, very quickly.

And what really kills me about this quote, if a black woman had said something like this about Barack Obama, black men would be screaming for her blood. She would be a bitch, man-hater, harpy, shrew, and any other nasty name folks could think off. The double standard continues.

4 comments:

Anonymiss January 24, 2008 at 2:30 PM  

A fine example of the pros & cons of free speech.

Dr. Tracey Salisbury January 24, 2008 at 3:06 PM  

I guess so. I think I need to get on the radio, so I can rip off a gem like that.

Woman in Transition January 24, 2008 at 5:52 PM  

Everybody wants their 15 minutes...

wisdomteachesme January 24, 2008 at 7:02 PM  

lol, ask AM to put him on the list! lol

and you never know prof., keep speaking what is not as it will be.
don't forget to let me know station you will be on.
:D

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP