Thursday, June 12, 2008

Words For Warfare


"I'm driving along and I happen to have classical music on and I was doing an exercise in my head just simply identifying all the instruments. And it hit me. I thought of all the trouble my parents went through to expose me to all kinds of music, to make it possible for me to understand every single instrument in the symphony orchestra when it was playing and what its job was. I say to myself, well, isn't human appreciation even more important? Why shouldn't I be able to hear all these voices in our world that come from these cultures? It was like, "Oh!" That's part of what motivates me. I really want to hear and appreciate the multiple stories that make up our society. And I honestly think that if people at least know how to hear one another, that we will be on our way to a better situation." - Dr. Reverend Cheryl Townsend Gilkes

4 comments:

LISA VAZQUEZ June 12, 2008 at 10:51 PM  

Hello there Professor Tracey!

I love Dr. Townsend Gilkes! I love this quote too! Just LOOKING at her photo makes me smile. These women preachers who have come before us will NEVER EVER know how much we think about all that they endured for the cause of Christ.

I started blogging just a few months ago and it REALLY has been incredible to hear all of the voices of all of my people!! It sounds like a symphony - just absorbing everyone's thoughts on screen!

Thanks again for Tuesday's show with Dr. Weems...I only wish she had more time to talk to all of us.

Peace, blessings and DUNAMIS!
Lisa

wisdomteachesme June 13, 2008 at 2:10 PM  

good thoughts!
i like her.
thanks prof!

oh, my dogs say 'Heeyyy' to your dog.
lolo

LISA VAZQUEZ June 14, 2008 at 2:53 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.

Live Feed For Aunt Jemima's Revenge

About This Blog

Blog Archive

  © Blogger templates ProBlogger Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP